Avoid “Maskne” with Regular Facials and Smart Home Tips
November 15 2020
Masks have become a staple with our wardrobe and there’s no end in sight. There’s a new term in the skincare world because of the skin issues that have come to light with the addition of masks – maskne. Maskne is a term used for the breakouts that occur from continual mask-wearing. Although masks are required right now, you don’t have to suffer from skin irritation and acne.
At Parisian Salon & Day Spa, we offer a full menu of facials that can help to keep your skin rejuvenated, smooth, and young-looking by effectively exfoliating your skin, delivering hydration, and rebalancing your skin. Our expert estheticians will help you determine the best facial for you. Here are just a few of our facial options for you:
- Vitamin C Facial - Vitamin C promotes collagen production to thicken the dermis, reduce fine lines, and is essential for firm, youthful skin. It’s antioxidant qualities also help to protect skin cells from damaging free radicals. *This is one of our new facial offerings and is on special this month! Ask about it.
- Oxygenation Facial - delivers much-needed oxygen to the epidermis layer to promote stronger, healthier skin.
- Nelly Organic Facial - 100% Certified COSMOS ORGANIC by ECOCERT GREENLIFE skincare for effective anti-aging and correcting acne and blemishes.
- Rosacea Skin Correcting Facial - a specialized minty facial that addresses specific skin concerns.
- Deep Cleansing Facial - Releases impurities with exfoliation and massaging of the face to help relax your entire body while leaving you with fresh, moisturized, skin.
- Bare Minerals Purifying Facial - Dissolve impurities and rebalance your skin while leaving it instantly hydrated and renewed.
- Mini Deluxe - A mini version of our deep cleaning facial – perfect for teens who are having maskne issues!
When you’re in between your facial treatments, you can help avoid maskne with some tips to do at home for keeping your skin healthy and free from breakouts.
Self-Care Skin Tips
- Be selective in your choice of mask. Only purchase masks that are made from breathable, soft, hypoallergenic materials that fit you well. Often times, natural fibers offer more breathability than synthetic fibers and are gentler on your skin with less risk of adverse reactions. The right fit is also important. If you wear a mask that is too tight, it will create pressure and lock in too much moisture, which will make you more prone to breakouts. A mask that is too loose-fitting will rub and cause friction that will cause rashes.
- Regularly wash masks. Cloth masks should be washed regularly, and dried thoroughly, to prevent bacteria and acne-causing dirt to build up in the material and rubbing off on your face. A dirty mask means a chance for more breakouts, rashes, and possible inflammation in the areas that your masks cover.
- Keep multiple clean masks on hand. Whether it’s just breathing, talking to coworkers, and interacting with clients all day, moisture will build up under your mask. This warm, damp climate is the perfect environment for bacteria to form, which can lead to rashes and breakouts. Rotating masks during the day can help to keep your mask dry and bacteria-free all day.
- Moisturize your skin daily. It’s important to use a good quality moisturizer that is formulated for your skin type. Since the mask causes moisture to be trapped and creates friction through constant rubbing throughout the day, you need to ensure that your skin isn’t becoming dry and irritated. Your skin will naturally be more prone to breakouts, so keep your skin well hydrated and healthy to prevent problems before they start.
- Step up oral hygiene. Brushing before you leave in the morning and at night before bed may not be enough anymore. Every time you exhale, small amounts of bacteria are being trapped under your mask, and next to your skin. Keep a travel-size mouthwash or toothbrush with you during the day so you can try to keep that area clean and as bacteria-free as possible.
Need some TLC for your skin? Make an appointment today at Parisian Salon & Day Spa. Our amazing facial treatments will help your skin be revitalized and be younger-looking. You can find us at 9 Berlin Road in Cromwell, CT, or call 860-632-2144 to schedule your appointment. To give the gift of a luxury spa experience to friends and family, you can purchase our gift cards online for your convenience. You can also schedule appointments, purchase gift cards, and more on our mobile app, available on iTunes or Google Play. We bring the fabulous Paris experience right to you for hair, makeup, massage, and much more.